Slip, trips, and falls injuries are the most commonly occurring injuries and can be caused anywhere, ranging from private properties to the public pavements to the supermarkets. These can even cause severe injuries and might result in you not being able to work for weeks.
Most of the time, they may occur due to simple negligence on your part, but there are also times when these injuries occur due to the hazardous condition of someone else’s property. In such cases, the property owner is responsible for the injury. You can claim compensation with the help of experienced slip, trips, and falls solicitors.
Steps to take following any Slip, Trips, or Falls
Following any injuries from slips, trips, or falls, you shall:
- Request the property owner or an employee to document the accident. Get a copy of that documentation.
- If possible, take a picture of the hazard that caused the injury.
- If there is any injury you need attending to, get immediate medical help
- Approach a solicitor who practices in slip, trips, and falls injuries if required.
When is the property owner liable?
The circumstances under which a solicitor can help you hold the property owner responsible are given as below:
- If the owner or an employee created the hazardous condition of the cause of your injury.
- If the owner of the property or an employee knew or should have known about the hazard and should have done something to rectify it but omitted from doing anything
- If no reasonable steps were taken by the owner or the employee to prevent such an accident.
When are they NOT liable for compensation?
The list below states the situations where the property owner would not be held liable for your injuries:
- You were trespassing when the accident took place.
- Your careless actions led to the accident.
- An ordinary individual would have noticed the hazardous situation and could have avoided it.
- The hazardous situation wasn’t for the time long enough for the property owner to be aware of it or rectify it.
- Reasonable steps to avoid the accident were taken on the part of the owner.
If you have been injured and think that you are eligible for compensation, Keenan & Co. Solicitors have an experienced team in relation to slips, trips, and falls claims in Ireland. Contact us for any such injury claims using the information below.